Rabindra Bharati University invites online applications form for recruitment to the various substantive Grade-I and Grade-II non-teaching posts of the University.
Application Forms can be filled up Online on the University Website at: www.rbu.ac.in or www.rburecruitment.net from 15/02/2020 (10.00 AM ) to 06/03/2020 (upto 5.00 p.m.).
The last date for online payment of Application Processing Fee through Payment Gateway is 06/03/2020 (upto 12.00 midnight).
Age Limit : The age limits should be between 18 (Eighteen) and 40 (Forty) years as on the 1st January of the year of the advertisement (i.e. 01.01.2020) relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST/Differently-abled candidates and 3 years for OBC category (non-creamy layer) candidates for all the posts.
How to Apply online:
The applicants are advised to follow the instructions noted hereunder while filling up the Application.
(i) In order to apply online, applicants have to register themselves first with a valid mobile number. The candidate applying for any post shall keep the mobile number operational during the entire period of recruitment and till the recruitment process is over.
(ii) During registration, applicant will be asked to provide a valid mobile number. The mobile number must be a valid one because initial OTP will be sent to the provided mobile number via SMS, and in future, instructions in this regard will be sent to this mobile number via SMS.
(iii) In order to apply online, applicants have to register themselves first with a valid mobile number, and few other details like first name, middle name, last name, photo ID type, photo ID number, create password, confirm password etc. The candidate applying for any post shall keep the mobile number operational during the entire period of recruitment and till the recruitment process is over. Candidate also must remember the password created by himself / herself for future use.
(iv) An applicant will be required to upload his / her scanned Photograph (Size: 40-60 KB, Format: JPG/JPEG) and Signature (Size: 10-20 KB, Format: JPG/JPEG) during filling up the application form and therefore, he / she is advised to keep these ready before filling up the application form. Please see the guidelines on recruitment portal for scanning and uploading Photo and Signature.
(v) After filling up all required information, to submit the online application, applicant must agree with the given declaration by clicking on check box. It is important to note that, once the online application is submitted, the information already entered cannot be altered under any circumstances. Therefore, the applicants are advised to make sure about the accuracy and relevance of the filled up information before clicking the submit button. A candidate furnishing incorrect or false particulars or suppressing material information, will be disqualified, and, if appointed, shall be liable for dismissal from service at any stage.
(vi) After Submission of the application, the applicant will have to make online payment of requisite Application Processing Fees through Payment Gateway using DEBIT CARD/CREDIT CARD/ NET BANKING. No other mode of payment of application fee will be accepted.
(vii) On successful payment, the applicant will be able to download or take print out of the filled up ‘Registered Application Form’ bearing the Registration Number and his/her other information.
Please note that the process of Online Application will be complete only after successful online payment of requisite Application Processing Fees through Payment Gateway and downloading the completed application form.
(viii) The automatically generated Registration Number shall be treated as unique identification number for an application during the entire recruitment process. Therefore, any Application Form erroneously downloaded and printed without automatically generated Registration Number will not be accepted under any circumstances.
(ix) The applications, once submitted by the Applicant cannot be cancelled or altered and the amount paid for the same by the Applicant is not refundable. All amount(s) paid by the Applicant, for recruitment to the post(s) under ‘Rabindra Bharati University’ shall stand appropriated. In case of multiple payments, being processed for a single application, the extra amount may be refunded to the Payee Bank Account only after verification, if the applicant applies for that.
How to Make Payment
After successful Submission of the application, the applicant will be automatically directed to the payment gateway to make online payment of requisite Application Processing Fees through Payment Gateway.
Recruitment Examination and Interview:
1. Written examination will be conducted for selection of eligible candidates for Interview.
2. The recruitment examination will be conducted in two stages:
a. Stage – I: Written examination (MCQ based): Full marks – 70.
b. Stage – II: Interview of candidates qualified in written examination: Full Marks – 30.
Final Merit Lists for each category (Unreserved/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B) will be prepared on the basis of combined marks obtained in Written examination (Stage-I) and Interview (Stage-II).
Candidates who were not called for the interview or who failed to appear before the Standing Committee for interview will not be considered during the preparation of the Final Merit List and the appointment will be made in order of merit.
3. For both Grade-I and Grade-II non-teaching posts, the examinations shall be of seventy (70) marks having one (1) mark for each question. The question would be Multiple Choice (MCQ) based having four options (A, B, C, D) against each question. There would be no negative marking for wrong answers. The duration of the examination shall be one-and-half (1 ½) hours. Additional time will be given to differently-abled candidates as per rule. The visually-challenged candidate will be allowed to take the help of a scribe whose qualification must be lower than the minimum qualification prescribed for the post, if he/she desires. The answer sheets for the written examination would be OMR based for automatic computerised evaluation.
4. For Grade-I non-teaching posts, the written examination would comprise multiple-choice questions on General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning, General proficiency in English, Mathematics (Class X standard) and Basic Computer knowledge.
5. For Grade-II non-teaching posts, the written examination would comprise multiple-choice questions on General Knowledge, Test of Reasoning, Basic knowledge in English and Basic Mathematics (Class VIII standard).
6. For both Grade-I and Grade-II non-teaching posts, the minimum marks for qualifying the written examination will be 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Differently-abled) candidates. Only the candidates who have secured the qualifying marks in written examination would be called to appear before the Standing Committee for interview.
7. There will be separate written examinations for Grade-I and Grade-II posts to be held on a single day in two separate halves.
8. There will be a common written examination for all the posts under Grade-II category i.e. candidates applying for more than one posts under Grade-II category will have to appear for only one common written examination conducted for Grade-II category.
Schedule of recruitment examination:
The date, time and venue of written examination will be notified in due course on the University website. No separate correspondence will be made by the University to the candidates in this regard. Candidates are advised to follow the University website on regular basis.
General Instructions to the Applicants:
1. The duly filled-in application form can be downloaded only after successful payment of requisite fees. The duly filled-in registered application form containing the Registration No. etc. has to be retained by the candidate for the future reference.
2. The applicants are not required to submit the hard copy of duly filled-in downloaded Application Form to the University. However, candidates are to take print-out and bring the hard copy of the duly filled-in application, submitted online, during interview, if called for.
3. The information relating to downloading of Admit Cards and the date of examination will be notified on the website of the University at www.rbu.ac.in and the applicants are advised to follow the website on regular basis. It is to be noted that admit cards will not be sent through post. The admit cards are to be downloaded from the website only.
4. Candidate who is already in service will have to obtain “No Objection Certificate” from his/her present employer and produce the same at the time of interview, if called for, failing which he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the interview.
5. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to assess his/her own eligibility for the post for which he/she is applying in accordance with the prescribed minimum qualifications and age. Suppression of factual information, supply of fake documents, providing false or misleading information or canvassing in any manner on the part of the candidates shall lead to his/her disqualification. In case, it is detected at any point of time in future, even after appointment, that the candidate was not eligible, his/her appointment shall be liable to be terminated forthwith as per this clause. In case of any ambiguity in the recruitment rules in general and eligibility in particular for any post, the decision of the Executive Council shall be final.
6. The person appointed against any post shall be governed by the Act/ Statutes/ Ordinances/ Rules of the University and the Government of West Bengal, as amended from time to time
and any other rule/ resolution prescribed specifically by the Executive Council of the University.
7. Canvassing in any form on behalf of any candidate shall be treated as a disqualification which shall lead to cancellation of candidature.
8. The selected candidate shall be liable to serve anywhere within the jurisdiction of the University.
9. The candidate shall bring all original certificates relating to his age, qualifications, experience, etc. at the time of interview. In case the candidate fails to submit the original documents for verification, he/she may not be allowed to appear in the interview and his/her candidature may be treated as cancelled without any further communication in this regard.
10. (i) The University reserves the right to fill or not to fill up the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever. However, the number of posts filled up shall not exceed the number of posts advertised.
(ii) The University reserves the right to withdraw an advertisement, either partly or wholly, at any time without assigning any reason. If any advertisement for any post is withdrawn by the University, the application fee collected from the candidates shall be refunded.
(iii) Qualifications/Experiences as on closing date of advertisement will only be taken into consideration.
11. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection detected at any stage even after issue of the appointment letter, the University reserves the right to odify/withdraw/cancel
any communication made to the candidates.
12. No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
13. Amendments/changes, if any, in the advertisement shall be published only on the University
website www.rbu.ac.in or www.rburecruitment.net
14. In case of any dispute, suit or legal proceedings against the University, the jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Hon'ble High Court of Calcutta.