North Bengal University Ph.D Admission Notification 2015-16
Last Date of Application 18.12.2015
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH BENGAL
Office of the Registrar
P.O. NORTH BENGAL UNIVERSITY
Raja Rammohunpur, Dist. Darjeeling, PIN -734013 (W.B.)
N O T I F I C A T I O N
Admission to Ph.D. Programme
Applications in prescribed form are invited for admission to the Ph.D. programme 2015-16 of the University of North Bengal in various disciplines. For detailed information and for obtaining prescribed application form, please visit www.nbu.ac.in (Notice/Circular Section). Prescribed application form may also be collected from the office of the undersigned on payment of Rs.200/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH) at the university cash counter during all working days from 11.00 AM to 3.00 PM. Closing date for submission of filled in prescribed application form is 18.12.2015.
Advt No. 73/R-15 Dated: 12.12.2015. Sd/-
Any Master of Arts, Commerce, Law, Science, Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy or any other discipline of the University of North Bengal or of any other University whose degree has been recognized by this University on the basis of the list prepared by the Equivalence Committee of the University from time to time are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. programme in the subject in which she / he has obtained the Master’s Degree or in an allied subject (to be determined by the Equivalence Committee).
Foreign students will be required to produce clearance from the Government of India and / or other appropriate authorities. Admission into the Ph.D. programme may be granted only to such foreign nationals who have obtained a research visa.
The candidates who have been awarded research fellowship by DBT / DST / CSIR / UGC or any other Govt. recognized funding agency shall apply in prescribed form for admission to Ph.D. programme.
Candidates who already hold an M.Phil. Degree shall also apply in prescribed form.
1. The filled-in downloaded application must be accompanied by Crossed Bank Draft of Rs. 200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH) payable in favour of “University of North Bengal” at State Bank of India, NBU Campus Branch, Siliguri.
2. No application other than in prescribed application form will be considered.
3. Persons working in Govt./Semi-Govt./Public Sector Undertaking must apply through proper channel. A No Objection Certificate from the present employer shall be attached.
4. Proof of belonging to SC or ST or OBC or persons with disability must be submitted along with the filled-in Application Form and no claim in this regard will be entertained afterwards.
5. Candidate must write the “Name of the Subject of the Ph.D. Programme applied for:” on the envelope.
6. Incomplete application shall not be considered.
7. Four self-addressed unstamped envelop (10”X4”) should be enclosed.
8. Completed application along with two copies of the recent passport size photograph (identical with the same pasted in the form) and other documents regarding qualification, and experience etc. duly attested by the candidate must be sent to the Office of the Registrar on or before 18 .12.2015.
9. The University shall not entertain any application after the last date and shall not be responsible for any postal delay.
10. The University shall reserve the right to cancel the process of admission of Ph.D. to any programme of the abovementioned subject(s) without showing any reason whatsoever.
11. Application form not properly filled-in or incomplete in any respect or without requisite documents will be summarily rejected.
12. Willful suppression of any material fact will also be similarly dealt with.
13. Application fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH BENGAL ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME (2015-16)
1. List of eligible candidates for the Entrance Test will be notified on the Notice Board of the respective departments on 22.12.2015 [Tuesday]
2. Date of Entrance Test [Test will be held in the respective Department/Centre]: 28.12.2015, Monday [from 12.00 Noon to 2.00 P.M. – All subjects; from 3.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. – Centre for Himalayan Studies and Biotechnology] * The entrance test of one hundreds marks [40 marks for short answer type of questions and 60 marks for broad answer type of questions from the P.G. Level Syllabus] will be arranged at the Departmental level for the Ph.D. programme [2015-2016].
3. Date of publication of the results of Entrance Test will be notified on the Notice Board of the respective department on 29.12.2015 [Tuesday]
4. Date of Viva-Voce in respective departments on 31.12.2015 [Thursday] : 11.00 A.M. onwards
5. Date of publication of the final result will be notified on the notice board of the respective department on: 05.01.2016 [Tuesday]
6. Date of Admission to Ph.D. programme: 07.01.2016 [Thursday] and 08.01.2016 [Friday]
7. Date of commencement of the course work: 18.01.2016 (Monday).
For more details click the link below
Post a Comment